Hello, helicopter, are we here to stay?

Monday, July 19, 2010

Does it make me a bad person?

This is my rant/random chatter blog post.

I broke up with my boyfriend Friday night. The boyfriend that my parents actually approved of. Took long enough for them to finally like one, and then as it turned out, I didn't.. anymore. It was long-distance, about 3 hours. To some of you, that may be nothing. But for me, a young girl just starting college, beginning a new chapter (blah blah blah) in her life, it was too far. He was older, graduating college, and already talking about a family with me.

I am 18 years old, and not ready to think about things like that. Which is incredibly hipocritical of me. I dated a guy for 2 years, and he gave me a promise ring. I really thought he was the guy I was going to marry. Apparently I was wrong. About 2 months after he had given me that ring, I recieved a tip that apparently he was going to break up with me at our anniversary dinner later that week. Bummer. So I called him and ended it right then. No need to wait another few days. And so the heartbreak began of being (almost) broken up with because he'd rather do the band thing, be single, be a bro. Ahh, yes. Band boys. Did I mention his band broke up a while back? haha.

I went for about half a year, telling myself love was just a myth. Something that no one could really prove existed. And only the lucky few believed in it, and claimed to know and understand it.

I dated around. Never committing. Commitment terrified me.

The "L" word escaped the lips of many that took me on dates, trying to rein me in, saying they could prove to me that it existed. What? With me? You've taken me out what, twice? Honestly.

Unfortunately, every time I started to get really close with any of them, I started pulling away. It felt like they were all trying to super-glue me to them. When really, all I had ever known was rubber cement. Got the job done, held it together for awhile, but was easy to pull apart.

That was just the way I operated. Call it cruel. But I saw better things in store for them. I consider myself somewhat as a stepping stone to those guys. We taught each other how to open up, and now they're nearly all dating lovely ladies, whom they seem to be very happy with. I'm happy for them.

They taught me something, too. Don't just rush into things, because it might just be the honeymoon feeling. It doesn't last forever. And when it's gone, you'll be sad you're stuck with super glue.

I didn't really seem to listen to my own advice with these last two real relationships. They were both short and sweet. The first, I was quite attached. I thought he was too. Until he ended it quite abruptly, with really no reasoning. This time, I ended it, rather abruptly, after seeing that he was too clingy for me (when we were around each other), and that it was weird that we barely ever saw each other.

Maybe I'm just stupid. Or maybe I just like to make people happy, and I say yes when they ask me on a date, or to be theirs. Seeing other people smile just makes me feel good. But I'm getting the feeling that it will feel even better making my self smile, instead of everyone else, for once.

Just maybe.

I've met a few new people. They've made me laugh, and think of things in new ways. Made me realize I can be a confident person. It feels good to really laugh again. To have honest talks with someone I just met, and know that they understand already. I can be me. I've just got to try.

Random Thinks.

Your love suffocated me.
Your affection crashed down violently
like waves from the sea.
I was the shore,
You were the tide.
And then I'm at the bottom of the ocean's floor.
You watch me drowning, and then you step inside
the water's body.
To keep me there,
Without the air.




The sun doesn't beat down on me,
No, it knows I crave something better.
It quietly falls on me,
Like the warm, joyous feeling
You get from an unexpected letter.
It's so much more than healing.




The wind says she's missed holding
My frail body and scoops me up in her arms
Like a sincere hug after a scolding,
"It's okay, no harms
done."




If you read all of this, and still think I'm an okay person, I honestly appreciate that. If you think I'm a cold-hearted bitch, well, don't read anymore.


Am I the only one that has noticed that being geeky is "in style" these days? More and more people are becoming "geek chic." Silly little oddities about us, that we once kept hidden, are now being flung out into public, in attempts to impress the others that are the same way.

My transformers umbrella? Cool.
My rugrats shirt? Cool.
My plethora of Dragon Ball Z movies and series? Ultra cool.
My fedora hat? Cool.
My big, tortoise-shell, thick-rimmed glasses? Cool.
My wolverine mat? Cool.
My obsession for cameras, adobe CS3+? Cool.
My love for strange, underground bands? Super cool.
My poster of two famous, old actors with UFOs behind them? Cool.
My weird-ass thrift store finds? AWESOME.

Uhh. Since when? Since now.

So, no more hiding all the things that make me geeky, anymore. They're about to be the coolest thing since sliced bread. Yeah. That happened.

P.S. Don't go around telling everyone though.. okay? I was kinda hoping you'd keep all of that to yourself.. Okay, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment